Thursday, April 3, 2008

Bobbert Abreu Bends To My Will!

Dear Fantasy Baseball Diary,

Today, Shane gained a lot of ground on my overall lead. It made me sad. I didn't like it. I get the text from him today...
"I'm comin for ya!"

If I had this picture on my phone I would have replied with it...














Shane had Yankees pitcher Phil Hughes throwing today, which is a conundrum. I have Bobby Abreu, Yankee outfielder; Shane and I are neck and neck in the Pitching Wins category; I am under-performing offensively. So do I have Abreu take a dive just so Hughes doesn't get the run support and, therefore, the win?

Yes. Yes I do.

And it all worked out, because even though the Yankees won, they didn't pull ahead until reliever Joba Chamberlain -- proud member of The Knights -- came in, giving me the win. And who hits in the winning run? One Bobbert Abreu...

I'm losing my lead so I need to enjoy this fortunate turn of events...

No comments: