Monday, March 17, 2008

24 Hours To D-Day

Dear Fantasy Baseball Diary,

Two Things.

"Jose Valentin's Career Over?" That was the headline of a CBS Sports Report. I thought to myself, that guy's still alive??? Other headlines that would be just as effective I think...

  • "Jose Valentin Contributes To Locker Room Salsa Recipe"
  • "With Dugout Leaning Spot Replaced By Random Boxes, Valentin To Retire"
  • "Jose Valentin Makes All-Century 21 Company Softball Team"

Sometimes the CBS headlines make me laugh. My favorite of all time still, from last year, is "Piazza Feasts On Angels." A CBS headline writer was having a particularly aggressive day when he posted that I think.


Anyway, tomorrow is the Draft. It's a big day. D-Day. Lots of preparation goes into drafting. I will post the outcome tomorrow.

No comments: